Volunteering on Weekdays
We need members to assist in a wide range of ways.
Traditionally on Mondays and Thursdays, volunteers attend the museum to undertake a range of tasks, to share information and to enjoy each other's company - and the coffee.
You can choose the tasks. Some members like talking to visitors, some like researching historical records or the on-going task of cataloging our collection.
Some of the ways volunteers can assist include:—
- Maintenance of the museum
- Care of objects and records in our collections
- Helping with research requests from the public
- Assisting with displays in the museum
- Recording and cataloging Historical items, including photographs, documents and objects
- Finding new items to add to our collections
- Photographing the District
- Adding to our Blogs
- Keeping our website up to date
Skills in computer use are welcomed, but not essential. Some volunteers have learnt computer skills while working here, but others have chosen not to go near the keyboard. We have paper and digital in this museum.
Staffing the Museum on Sundays
Volunteering on Sundays is a good way to become more familiar with the museum's collections. There are always more experienced members to assist new volunteers.
The museum requires 4 volunteers each Sunday afternoon
- To set up and open at 2PM
- To greet visitors and direct them to their areas of interest
- To assist with research requests.
- Other enquiries
- Postal Address
- Heidelberg Historical Society
- PO Box 39
- Heidelberg VIC 3084
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (03) 9455 2130